- Date of value and exemption status, values and most exemptions are set as of Jan.1st
- HCAD must send homestead exemption information card.
- Appraisal districts mail out rendition forms to business owners.
- Deadline to file correction to protest last year's assessed values under late protest provisions.
- Last day to pay property taxes for current year without penalties and interest.
- Last day for disabled or over-65 homeowners to request to pay property taxes in four equal installments and make the first installment.
- Delinquency date for taxes. Tax bills paid after Jan. 31st will be subject to penalties and interest.
- Suggested time to contact Novotny & Company regarding protests.
- Last day for disabled or over-65 homeowners who were granted installment agreements by January 31 to pay their second installment of homestead property taxes.
- Deadline to file a request with the chief appraiser for an extension to file for a charitable exemption.
- Last day to file renditions for business personal property with appraisal districts. It is mandatory.
- Deadline to apply for agriculture valuation exemption and free port exemption with HCAD.
- Deadline to file for a charitable/ non profit exemption.
April 1-May 1
- Notices of values sent out by appraisal districts.
- Deadline to file extension on rendition for business personal property with appraisal districts.
- Deadline to file protests of assessed value.
- Last day for disabled or over-65 homeowners with installment agreements to pay their third installment of homestead property taxes.
- Last day to pay property taxes or obtain an installment agreement before the account is turned over to the County's tax attorney for collection. An additional 15-20% collection penalty is added to the normal penalties and interest.
- Delinquent taxes incur total 12 percent penalty
- Delinquent taxes may start accumulating additional penalty to pay collection costs
- ARB must approve appraisal records by this date, but may not do so if more than 5 percent of the total appraised value remains under protest
- Last day for Chief Appraiser to certify an appraisal roll to each taxing units' Assessor
- Last day for disabled or over-65 homeowners with installment agreements to pay fourth installment of homestead property taxes.
- The taxing units' Assessor submits the appraisal roll to its governing body.
- Last day for property owners to give correct address (in writing) to the Harris County Appraisal District for their current year tax bill.
September 1 - December 3
- Each jurisdiction sets it's own tax rates.
- Tax bills issued; Litigation period generally begins
- Last day to pay property taxes in order to receive a deduction on federal income tax return.